[Asec] View the latest issue of CMH

Johnson, Mary-Allen johnson.60 at osu.edu
Mon Dec 10 19:28:18 UTC 2018

Dear Colleagues:

The latest issue of Cyrillic Manuscript Heritage, the newsletter of the Hilandar Research Library and the Resource Center for Medieval Slavic Studies, is now available.

https://kb.osu.edu/handle/1811/86899

Issue 42 contains a special report on the Very Rev. Dr. Mateja Matejic (1924-2018), professor emeritus of the Slavic department.

Please let me know if you prefer to receive a hard copy of the newsletter,

or,

if you did receive a hard copy in the mail, let me know if you would prefer to receive only a digital copy.

Thank you.

M.A. "Pasha" Johnson

Curator, Hilandar Research Library

Director, Resource Center for Medieval Slavic Studies

Monday, Dec. 10, 2018

Table of contents:

"From the Director's Desk" by Professor Predrag Matejic, pp. 3-4, 14;

"New GRA Joins RCMSS for Summer 2018" by Viktoriia Kim, p. 4;

"Visitors to the HRL,"p. 5;

"Behind the Scenes of Curating an Exhibit," pp. 6 and 12;

"Participants Make 7th Hilandar Conference a Success!," pp. 7 and 10-11, and

"The Dedication of the Hilandar Room, William Oxley Thompson Memorial Library," p. 7;

"Dinner Celebrates the 45th Anniversary of the Society for Slovene Studies," p. 8;

"First Community Church Invites HRL Curator to Lecture on Orthodoxy" by P. Matejic, p. 9,

"OSU Slavic Linguists Invite Visiting Lecturers to Campus, Spring 2018," p. 9;

"A Sleepless Night Leads to the Acquisition of an Icon by Pimen M. Sofronov," p. 12;

"OSU Libraries Conservation Staff and Students Work Hard to Prepare Sofronov Collection Materials for the Exhibit," p. 13;

Contributions to the Hilandar Endowed Funds, to the Hilandar Library Support Fund #316045, and Gifts in Kind to the Hilandar Research Library, p. 15;

Back Cover: OSUL postcard advertising the Thompson Library exhibit "From Pattern to Painting: The Religious Iconography of Pimen Sofronov."

Special Report "In Memoriam: Very Rev. Dr. Mateja Matejic": obituary by Predrag Matejic, pp. I-II; "Condolences," by Mirjana Živojinović, Adelina Angusheva, Svetlana Kujumdzhieva, and Enrique Santos Marinas, p. III; contributions made to the Hilandar Endowment funds "In Memory of the Very Rev. Dr. Mateja Matejic," p. IV.

Special Report numbered pp. I-IV, inserted between pages 8 and 9 above.