[Asec] ASEC Annual Meeting at ASEEES Convention Friday 11/10 @ 8AM in Chicago Downtown Marrott, 2nd, Lakeview

Eugene Clay Eugene.Clay at asu.edu
Thu Nov 2 23:45:49 UTC 2017

Dear ASEC members!

Our annual meeting is almost one week away!  We will meet at 8 AM on Friday November 10 in the Chicago Downtown Marriott, 2nd, Lakeview Room at the 49th annual convention of the Association for Slavic, East European, and Eurasian Studies (ASEEES).  Our intrepid secretary Heather Bailey has put together a list of panels of possible interest to ASEC members (attached).  In addition, Chuck Arndt published a helpful list of panels in the September newsletter, which is available on the ASEC website at http://easternchristianity.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/ASEC-Newsletter-Volume-XV-Issue-1-Summer-2017.pdf. For those of you attending the convention, we hope that you find these resources useful.

In this coming year, we will be looking for new officers to serve beginning in November 2018.  If you would like to support ASEC in any capacity, please feel free to speak about your interest to the current officers: Scott Kenworthy (president), Eugene Clay (VP/president elect), Heather Bailey (secretary), and Chris Johnson (treasurer).  We will soon be organizing our biennial conference for 2019.  Check out our web site, http://easternchristianity.org, and our Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/groups/EasternChristianStudies/.

We look forward to seeing many of you in Chicago!

J. Eugene Clay, PhD, Vice President/ President Elect, Association for the Study of Eastern Christian History and Culture
Associate Professor and Head of Religious Studies Faculty,
School of Historical, Philosophical, and Religious Studies, Arizona State University
Coor Hall 4570, PO Box 874302, Tempe, AZ 85287-4302  e-mail: clay at asu.edu<mailto:clay at asu.edu>
Spectarem desertum, omni amoenius civitate!