[Asec] RE; Upcoming Talk: The Gospel of Judas by Prof. David Brakke

Johnson, Mary-Allen johnson.60 at osu.edu
Fri Feb 18 16:14:01 UTC 2022

________________________________

Subject: [Csrfriends] Fw: Upcoming Talk: The Gospel of Judas by Prof. David Brakke

We hope you will join us for our next Clio Society event:

"The Gospel of Judas: The Rediscovery of the Earliest Gnostic Gospel"

Tuesday, Feb. 22, 2022
Noon - 1:00 p.m.
Live Streamed via Zoom

In 2006 a small group of historians startled the world by announcing the discovery and publication of a Gospel of Judas. Could the disciple who betrayed Jesus be a hero? Sixteen years later we can see the true significance of this strange text, which reveals to us the amazing diversity of Christianity only one hundred years after Jesus.

  *   David Brakke, Professor and Engle Chair in the History of Christianity, The Ohio State University
  *   Nicholas Breyfogle (Moderator), Associate Professor of History and Director, Goldberg Center for Excellence in Teaching, The Ohio State University

Please register in advance at https://go.osu.edu/cliosocietygnostic

Free and open to the public.

[cid:306a1b90-c075-46cd-98f9-4b023825388b]