[Asec] Book announcement for ASEC newsletter

ksenia medvedeva medvedeva at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Sun Jun 20 21:53:34 UTC 2021

Dear colleagues,

I'm pleased to announce the release of a new book:

"The Transformation of Religious Orders in Central and Eastern Europe:
Sociological Insights” , Routledge, 2021

with my chapter on "Orthodox monasteries as pilgrimage sites in
contemporary Russia" based on my 2-months fieldwork in Saint
Seraphim-Diveyevo monastery.

https://www.routledge.com/The-Transformation-of-Religious-Orders-in-Central-and-Eastern-Europe-Sociological/Palmisano-Jonveaux-Jewdokimow/p/book/9780367355548

Contents

1. Introduction

MARCIN JEWDOKIMOW, ISABELLE JONVEAUX AND STEFANIA PALMISANO

2. Changes in religious life since the 1970s in quantitative terms –
situation in the CEE countries in the context of global transformations

MARCIN JEWDOKIMOW

3. Clericalisation and the search for identity in Roman Catholic
religious institutes in Poland at the turn of the 21st century

ISABELLE JONVEAUX AND WOJCIECH SADLON

4. Female religious congregations in Poland in the face of changes from
Communism to the transformation period (1945–2000)

AGATA MIREK

5. The economy of Polish monasteries: Between the charismatic and
routinisation stage

ISABELLE JONVEAUX

6. The reinvention of tradition: The moral economy of monastic life in
the Czech Republic

BARBORA SPALOVÁ, MAREK LIŠKA AND TEREZA PICKOVÁ

7. New Monastic Communities in Poland

STEFANIA PALMISANO

8. The presence of religious orders in Hungarian society

EDIT MÁRTA RÉVAY

9. Orthodox monasteries as pilgrimage sites in contemporary Russia

Ksenia Medvedeva

Best wishes,

Ksenia