[Asec] BASEES 2020 cfp

Scott Kenworthy kenwors at miamioh.edu
Wed Sep 11 19:57:22 UTC 2019

I'm forwarding this on from Zoe Knox:

The next British Association of Slavonic and East European Studies (BASEES) conference runs from Friday 3 April to Sunday 5 April 2020, and will be at Robinson College, Cambridge (details are here: http://basees.org/basees-events).

We hope once again to organise multiple panels under the auspices of our Study Group on Religion and Spirituality in Russia and Eastern Europe (RSREE). Each year we’ve seen our audiences grow, and we are grateful to all participants in our previous panels for helping raise the profile of this important and dynamic research area.

Please let us know if you’d like to submit either a panel proposal or an individual paper proposal for the 2020 BASEES meeting. One advantage of submitting under the RSREE banner is that religion panels will not be scheduled concurrently. As in the past, we can see if individual proposals might form a coherent panel on our theme. We can also arrange chairs for the panels and help to complete the paperwork for submissions. The deadline for getting your proposal to us (full contact details, paper title and a c. 250-word abstract) is Monday 23 September– a week earlier than the BASEES panel deadline, to give us time to compose panels and complete the paperwork. Please send proposals directly to Zoe (zk15 at le.ac.uk).

With best wishes,

Zoe & Stella

http://basees.org/religion-and-spirituality-in-russia-and-eastern-europe/

Dr. Scott M. Kenworthy, Associate Professor
Dept of Comparative Religion
Miami University, Oxford OH 45056
http://miamioh.edu/cas/academics/departments/comp-religion/people/faculty-profile-scott-kenworthy/index.html
https://muohio.academia.edu/DrScottKenworthy