[Asec] Fall 2018 ASEC Updates

Bailey, Heather L hbail2 at uis.edu
Wed Oct 3 11:51:12 UTC 2018

Sent on behalf of the ASEC Executive Board

Dear Colleagues--

We would like to share a number of announcements about what our organization has been working on recently, and about upcoming events.

ASEC was recently incorporated in the state of Arizona. This incorporation allows us to update our non-profit status. It was also necessary so we could open a new bank account, as our existing account was inactive and inaccessible. We did not call for dues this year because these administrative matters were pending. We have decided to waive membership dues for 2018, but will be calling for 2019 dues in the near future. For those of you who sent checks to cover 2018 dues--thank you! The money will be applied to your 2019 dues. ASEC does not charge dues to members outside of the U.S.

Our annual business meeting this year will be on Saturday, December 8 from 6 - 7 p.m. (in the Falmouth room on the 4th floor of the Boston Marriott Copley Place). We will be electing new officers and are working on putting together a slate to recommend to you. If you have nominations or are interested in serving, please let the executive board or the members of the nominating committee (Olga Tsapina otsapina at huntington.org<mailto:otsapina at huntington.org>? and Jenn Spock Jennifer.Spock at EKU.EDU<mailto:Jennifer.Spock at EKU.EDU>) know as soon as possible. ?In particular, if you would be interested in the position of newsletter editor, please be sure to let us know soon.

Our 8th Biennial Conference will be February  21-23, 2019 at Arizona State University in Tempe, AZ. Thomas Bremer has agreed to give the keynote address. Watch for more details and a CFP soon?.

Sincerely,

ASEC Executive Board
    Scott Kenworthy
    Eugene Clay