[Asec] Seeking a host

Agnieszka Zaganczyk-Neufeld Agnieszka.Zaganczyk-Neufeld at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Feb 6 08:35:02 UTC 2018

Dear List Members,

my name is Agnieszka Zaganczyk-Neufeld, I am assistant professor in the
Department of History, Chair of East European History at the
Ruhr-University in Bochum, Germany. I'm working on my postdoc project
(Habilitation) on religious sects in Russia in the 19th century.

The subject of this project is the religious dissent, which expressed
itself in the beliefs and practices of daily life within the religious
communities of the Khlysts, Molokans, Skoptsy, Dukhobors and Stundists.
The Project follows the development of religious minorities considering
social change, that accelerated from the 1860s on (industrialisation,
legal reforms, abolition of serfdom, urbanisation). It emphasises the
interaction between social change and religious pluralism. I am
particularly interested in popular piety and the daily life of the
sectarian at local level (why and how they interacted with their
orthodox neighbours).

I am currently applying for the Research Fellowship oft he Deutsche
Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG)
(http://www.dfg.de/en/research_funding/programmes/individual/research_fellowships/index.html),
in order to use primary sources and collections available in RGIA, and
the State Museum of the History of Religion in St. Petersburg. I would
like to do part of my research at local archives in Russia (especially
in Orel).

I am seeking a host institution in St. Petersburg (February-July 2019).
I would appreciate it very much if you could give me some advice.
Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,
Agnieszka Zaganczyk-Neufeld

--